Friday, May 23, 2008

This blew my mind!

So sometimes, when I get so caught up in my own life, I tend to forget how crazy awesome the universe can be. I was perusing one of my new favorite sites (http://www.drudgereport.com/), and they had one of NASA's pictures of the day on their site.

Today's picture was Jupiter... apparently, Jupiter is creating more big, red spots (like the infamous one that is more than two Earth-lengths in diameter). Ever since I was a kid, I've been fascinated to no end with space, and with Jupiter in particular. First of all, badass name. Second, the big, red spot is enormous!! Everything we know in our own world is dwarfed by Jupiter's enormous storm. And now there are more! Crazy.

Anyway, I found another picture on NASA's site that just blew my mind...



I am always astounded when two seemingly-unrelated natural occurences (like, perhaps typhoons and galaxies!) look very similar. (I'm also intrigued by the similarities among trees, rivers, and lightning... they all take on similar forms!)

Anyway, it was the above image that reminded me that life can be pretty amazing. It's easy to lose sight of that when you're caught up in your own life and troubles, and it's SO nice to just look around you and appreciate stuff. So here I am, appreciating the majesty that is our universe. (No, I haven't gone off the deep end... I'm just trying to lighten up for a bit!)

On a personal note, I haven't yet decided on my own future. The two options I'm humoring right now are teaching in Phoenix or going to paralegal school in Los Angeles. We'll see; I have to make a decision soon!! Eek! However, this weekend should be awesome... I have a good friend flying out, and I'm hosting my first BBQ at my house tomorrow! Score! :)

Okee... I think that's about it for now. Don't forget to stop and take a look around, y'all!

Oh, and I'll end with a quote from John Mayer's song, "Say"...

"Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all your so called problems
Better put 'em in quotations"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered applying for a job with NASA?

Maya said...

ooo how close is LA to san jose?