Friday, September 5, 2014

Too Lucky?

Greetings all (mostly spammers!)

It's been a while...

Lately, I've been wondering if I'm too lucky.... Here are some reasons why (and in no particular order; please don't take offense!):

1.) A job.  I have a great new job, where I work 4 days a week (!!) and make more money that I did in any of my last 3 jobs... So far, I really enjoy teaching university students, and hope it continues to go well!

2.) A good man.  Recently, I became engaged to an amazing individual.  He's caring, passionate, extremely intelligent, handsome, tall, and awesome.  I don't know how I landed him, but I'm glad I did!

3.) A loving family.  The more I learn about the world, the more fortunate I feel to have such an amazing family of origin. My family was a stable and loving force all throughout childhood, and they remain so to this day.  Though I now live on a different continent, I keep in touch with them as much as possible, and I'm so lucky to have their love and support!

4.) Good health.  Though I've never had any serious health problems (knock on wood!!), I feel quite healthy lately... I've been running, eating pretty well (gotta love a mostly-vegetarian diet!), drinking more water and less alcohol, sleeping well, etc.  How many people can say this?

5.) A purpose.  I am enthralled to have achieved a major life goal: to be an educator.  Ever since high school, I've been involved in education (in a way other than being a student) in some way... I've been lucky enough to be a teacher for the past 8ish years, and I hope to continue this career for as long as I live!  Other hobbies, interests, and jobs may pepper my life, but I'm so happy to be part of the educational system.

6.) Traveling.  How many people get to globe-trot?  Just a lucky handful, and I'm among those few.  I've seen almost 30 countries on 5 continents, with plans to see more!  Every time I hop off a plane, I learn new things about humanity, the world, culture, and life in all its myriad forms.

7.) The privilege to grow older.  Be it Ebola, hunger/poverty, a shooting, a natural disaster, an accident, or what have you, scores of our world's youth die every day.  I am SO fortunate to have made it 31 years on this planet.  I am trying to stop complaining about getting older, and embrace it instead, for it is a gift indeed to live another day.

So there you have it... I'm not sure *why* I'm so lucky (and I certainly don't attribute this to anything supernatural, thankyouverymuch), but I am.  Hopefully everyone (myself included!!) can appreciate what they have on a regular basis.

Finally, I feel that with these remarkable strokes of fortune, I now have some awesome responsibilities... I must help make the quality of life for others better... I need to dedicate time, money, and energy to worthwhile causes every day.  If you have any suggestions of said worthy causes, please let me know!

Thank you.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This may be one of my favorite posts of yours. I love you unconditionally now and forever. I will support all of your adventures and plans -- well, most of them at least.

You go, girl. We are so proud of you.

Momita & Daddio