Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mo' betta!

yay!! Mb is just that: "Mo' betta." The LEEP went off yesterday, apparently, without a hitch. I was put under general anesthesia, which took me by surprise when I was informed of it; I'd assumed I'd be awake the whole time.

My final pre-op dialogue went like this:

Me: "Hey, Doc, would you give me the play-by-play with all this, so I know what to expect?"
Anesthesiologist: "Sure!"
Me: "Cool, thanks."
A: "Not a prob."
Me: "So, how long 'til I go unconscious?"
A: "I'll letcha know ASAP."
Me: "Cool... Whoa, I'm woozy-" and out!


I came to, and felt quite drunk. My dialogue with the recovery room nurse went like this:

Me: "Wow, you guys are efficient!"
Nurse: "Yeah, so they say."
Me: "I'm impressed. Thanks. By the way, do you like your line of work?"
Nurse: "Yeah, I do. Quite a bit."
Me: "Cool. I always thought it'd be interesting to be a nurse. Very noble."
Nurse: "Thanks! Have you ever taken any nursing classes?"
Me: [lying and woozy] "Oh, I took some A & P courses at some point." [Then it occurred to me I probably sounded drunk.] "Sorry for my slurred speech."
Nurse: "No prob!"


Anyway, now I'm feeling pretty good... despite extremely painful urination. They gave me some Tylenol "Number 3" (with codeine)... but I don't want to use it if I don't have to. Ibuprofen is more than sufficient at the time being, so I should be good.

So that's the update, kids. All is well... for now! :)

2 comments:

Maya said...

Glad things went well! We were thinking about you. When ground up, T-3 looks a bit like cocaine and police get suspicious of you, just FYI... :-p

Maya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.