Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life goes on...

... so since my last entry, my (now ex-)boyfriend broke up with me. Ouch! I didn't see it coming, but what are you gonna do? Fooey on that. I'm getting over it slowly.

Anyway, I had the most random talk with our custodian at school tonight... He's a nice man of 65, and was telling me he's been married to his wife for 45 years (!!). Anyway, he is coming to grips with his mortality... Here, I was just IMing with a friend, and here's the story portion:

i had just finished an ok day of teaching and then an hour and a half of tutoring... so my brain was fried. it was like 5:20pm, and the custodian (a guy in his mid-60s) came in and started talking to me about life

at 65, he's starting to have some issues with his morality

and he told me, "when my wife and i were young, we knew we had all the time in the world. we could make plans for decades down the line... and now... we can't."

and it just kinda hit me, since i saw how much it was hitting him

it was a good reminder not to be so trivial

...

and really, it is. I keep trying to counsel myself, and it's helping. There's a question: "A year from now, will this matter? Two years from now?"... etc. So that helps.

Anyway, it's waaaaaaaay past my bedtime. Good night!

Oh, and P.S.: What's the thought on karma these days? Do people buy into it? Is it a cop-out? Does it even hold true? Let me know whatcha think!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karma = holds true, inescapable truth of the universe.
The Sarah has spoken.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the wise birthday girl. Karma still holds true today. Your mother has spoken.